Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Reflections

Happy New Year, Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Joyous Kwanzaa, and Happy Holidays!



I just wanted to write a quick note to say I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays with your friends and family. Joe and I were thrilled to have both our daughters (and Nia's fiance) visit last week. We had a wonderful, relaxing and fun time catching up and enjoying holiday treats.



Now they're all back home in San Francisco and we're missing them very much. As our daughters live their independent adult lives, we feel very proud. Just wish we could see each other without a plane ticket required!

Now that 2008 has drawn to a close, I marvel at all the changes and challenges of the past year, and am ready for an exciting 2009. We've seen a year of amazing events in our country and in the world. It's my wish that we carry the essence of the holidays – giving, love, compassion, companionship – into the new year.



While the New Year is a hopeful time, I can't ignore that it looks like it's going to be tough year financially for many of us. Nothing will help us through that as much as sharing with families and friends, and helping others however we can. That's my resolution for 2009 - to stay connected to family and friends and remember my connection to humanity at large.



I wish you and your loved ones all the best for the season and the year ahead!

No comments: